This problem had me going for a few hours.. Setting the right keyboard, language settings and Internet explorer 11 spell check for a user when he logs on.
Normal behavior is that the RDS ( Citrix ) session inherits the keyboard settings from the client, but what if we don’t (or can’t) control the endpoint device? Or users falling asleep on their keyboard and touching ALT + SHIFT : -).
This is what we wanted:
- Ignore the client keyboard settings at all time.
- Set the right keyboard layout and default language, characters etc etc.
- Set the correct language auto correct in Internet Explorer 11
This can’t be fixed after the user logon due to the fact that Windows only checks these settings during logon..
This is how we dit it:
- Set the key (REG_DWORD) IgnoreRemoteKeyboardLayout to 1 in the HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout\
- Create a mandatory profile (there are many how to’s on the web) and adjust the following keys after mounting the MANPROF:
I replaced the whole key and subkeys by exporting it from a freshly adjusted user, watch carefully when importing it back again to the man Prof because of the location of the import!
Export : [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International\User Profile\nl-NL]
[HKEY_USERS\MANDATORY\Control Panel\International\User Profile\en-US]
Also adjust the following keys and set a list of the keyboards you want to add, in my case it was dutch with a us int keyboard.
(For a list of the available keyboards check your RDS server: HKEY Local Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts\)
- This should be fixed by step 1 and 2. When my users log on they get the Dutch language with an US International keyboard and the spell check is set to Dutch in IE11.
And.. Maybe you want to delete the keys in HU\MANPROF\Keyboard Layout\Toggle\ for the users who fall alsleep : )
last note: GPP did not do the trick…