For Applications that rely on LDAP for authentication(NetScaler Gateway) it is very usefull to load balance it.
In this example i will create a LB LDAP server on port 389. Please follow the screenshots. Everything to configure is marked yellow.
Note: Load balance secure LDAP is also possible. At the end of this article i will give an idea how to configure this.
1. Create LDAP authentication – Server
2. Create LDAP authentication -Policy
3. Add your ldap servers(example is MS Active Directory LDAP server)
4. Create a LDAP monitor.
5. Fill in your LDAP parameters. This is used for connecting the LDAP server and to check if it up and running.
6. Add a service group. after that add members and monitor.
7. Create a Load Balanced Virtual Server.
8. Click continue. More options are available to configure now. Select ServiceGroup. Add the serviceGroup
9. You have a working Load Balanced LDAP server!
Bonus :O Bonus 🙂
For Active Directory password changes to work and for security you need Secure LDAP. information for configuring:
– SLDAP is port: 636
– Instead of TCP protocol select SSL-TCP
– You need a server certificate at the LB virtual server.
– make a custom LDAP monitor script. Follow this article