SCCM 2007 32 bit client will execute in a 32 bit environment. In a 64 bit environment it will redirect object to c:\windows\syswow64 and HKLM\Software\wow6432node.
Xcopy text.txt C:\windows\system32\drivers /y
I First thought itwas UAC, enabled UAC again and click the checkbox Disable 64-bit file system redirection.
My experience with RES Relay server 2014 is that it is easy to setup and it is working great. You don’t need a SQL connection from the client to SQL RES DB anymore. Also a service account for the RES WM Service on the client isn’t needed anymore when you use windows authentication for your SQL connection! This improves security and reduces the TCP connection to the SQL Server. Great work RES 🙂
After implementation it needed some tweaking for performance. The splash screen freezes at “Composing Folder Redirection” or “Disconnecting Disabled Drives” and on log off it freezes again.
This is because it cant update the root certificates on the internet(microsoft updates site). The resolve this you should have an internet connection or turn off the Update Root Certificates in GPO
GPO: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Internet Communication Management > Internet Communication
Also check the RES article
Also the following helped: First my setup was with the connection option DNS Relay servers. After configuration change to list(RSlIST) the RES Relay servers there was also an improvement noticeable.
Res Relay debug logging:
Before: clsRelayServer.ConnectToRelayServer; SendHandshake OK; elapsed = 15,04925
After: clsRelayServer.ConnectToRelayServer; SendHandshake OK; elapsed = 4,759531
All Credits to RES Support. I want to thank RES Support for the cooperation and the solution!
Last week i was monitoring the SAN storage with VNX Monitoring and Reporting. I saw around 7000 IOPS coming from one LUN. I changed the period to 3 months and saw from on one day the IOPS raise from around 200 IOPS to 7000 IOPS! WOW!! Looked in to VMWare vCenter and nearowed it down to the SCCM primary site server. Started performance monitor and most IOPS did come from the partitition where SCCM is installed. After that i started PROCMON on the SCCM server and used file summary to analyse what did cause the IOPS.
A lot of file events or coming from \inboxes\schedule.box\outboxes\LAN folder. I checked the \inboxes\schedule.box\ and there are a lot of .JOB files. In the \outboxes\LAN folder contained a lot of SRQ and SRS files. After that i checked the log files Sender.log and schedule.log and found a lot of information about intersite replication occuring from the primary site to the secondary sites. Most secondary sites are offline but there were a lot of jobs for the secondary sites. I had the feeling this was messing up my primary site and did cause a lot of IOPS. Did some searches on google and the following was the resolution.
1. Stop all SCCM services on the SCCM server
2. Start CMD as Admin and go to <driveletter>:\<program files>\Microsoft Configuration Manager\bin\i3860000409
3. Delete jobs with the following command. Preinst.exe /deljob <sitecode>.( Sidecode is the site that is offline and causing the issues. after deleting the site 2700 jobs were deleted!)
4. Deleted all old SRQ and SRS files from the \outboxes\LAN and Requests folder.
5. Start all SCCM services.
After this IOPS went fromt 7000 IPS to 200 IOPS! This is the expected behaviour! 🙂